Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kylie is turning 1!

Time goes by too fast.  Tomorrow my little girl will be one and I can't believe it.  This summer I took a trip up to Utah and lost my camera...that's why there's no pictures.  Kylie has done so much since the last time I blogged.  She jabbers all the time and loves the word "dog."  She hears or sees a dog and gets excited!  She has eight teeth now.  She mostly eats what we eat, no ice cream or chocolate yet.  She's not walking but is very close.  The other day she took a few steps, stopped and took a few more before falling into my arms.  We had fun up in Utah.  Kylie got to meet lots of new family members, one of which is her Great-great Grandma!!  We took a five generation picture while we were up there.  For Kylie's birthday we are doing a little family dinner get together thing.  We are going to do a bigger party with friends for her 2nd birthday.  A funny story before I go.  This past Sunday, before church, I made biscuits.  I didn't have time to feed Kylie before we left for church (8:30 AM aah!) so I put a few in a plastic zip-lock bag and put them in her diaper bag.  I set her diaper bag next to her and we left for church.  Kylie was being very quiet in the car so I thought maybe she was sleeping...I was wrong.  She had lifted the flap of the diaper bag, grabbed the plastic zip-lock bag, and bit the plastic bag in several places to get the biscuits out.  She bit the bag and pulled the biscuits out.  She had a full biscuit in one hand and took a bit as we were looking right at her.  She looked like, "What?  I was hungry!"  What a cutie!! I laughed so hard.  She is so funny and has her own little personality.  Well, good bye for now everyone.  We love and miss all of our extended family!! 

2 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

What a funny girl! Hope you are having fun at the beach...I'm jealous.

mellabie said...

So cute!!! And the pics of her in the hat is just priceless!