Monday, October 26, 2009

First Day with Jon away

I actually got to see Jon today so it wasn't technically the first day with him gone. We got to see him at about 5 o'clock this evening until about 830. We went to dinner and then drove around downtown until we had to take Jon back to the hotel. Today he woke up at 4 am and ate breakfast with the rest of the recruits from the Army, Marines, Navy and Coast Guard. There were only 2 other Coast Guard recruits. One for some reason wasn't there and the other is a 21 year old girl who is going to be a nurse. At about 530 am, all the recruits went to Fort Sam Houston where they filled out paperwork and took there oaths. Jon was finished with everything at about 1030 am. He said it was just a bunch of waiting around. After several hours of waiting around, he and some other guys went to the BX or the Base Exchange. As they were walking around, the came upon swimwear. Yes, this did include Speedo's. So the guys who were with him were like, "Hey, there's your uniform." They teased a little more until he bought one. Don't tell Jon I told anyone that!! I tucked the Speedo away so nobody worry just yet. He will leave tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock am for Dallas or Atlanta where he has a long layover...this equals more waiting. From one of those locations, he will fly to Pittsburgh, PA. Once in Pittsburgh, he will take a bus to Cape May, NJ where he will arrive at about 7 pm. The bus ride is about an hour and 30 minutes. Once there, he will check in. The recruiter said he will be lucky to be in bed by midnight. This is rather late for a man who is ready for bed by 9 or 10. I don't know much more than this. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for all your prayers. I know I wouldn't be able to do this without the help of my Heavenly Father and the comfort of the Holy Ghost. I have truly felt the power of the Holy Ghost comfort me. The spirit is so strong in our home I feel protected and watched over. I can just imagine Stripling Warriors surrounding my home and looking after it. Thanks again for all your prayers. We love and miss you all.
Love,
Jay and Kylie

Here are some fun pictures. I finally got a new camera after I lost my other one. Yeah!!


This is hilarious to see. Kylie plays fetch with one of my mom's dogs Scout. She throws it and he brings it back to her. It's funny to see her pull it away from him.


Kylie trying to put my sunglasses on all by herself



Our family before Jon heads out to boot camp

1 comment:

mellabie said...

Thanks for the updates! It's great to hear all the details (except the one of the speedo!heehee) I know you will be looked after! We love you!