Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coast Guard: Day 1

While Jon is away at boot camp, I am going to do a post every Sunday to update family and friends on how he is doing. Kylie and I dropped Jon off at a Holiday Inn downtown where he will stay tonight and wake up at 4 am. He is a morning person so this won't be a problem for him. He will spend the majority of his day at Ft. Sam Houston Military Base. He will be doing paperwork and taking his oath tomorrow. We will get to see him one more time before he goes to Cape May, New Jersey for boot camp. We both dread good-byes so we have decided to say "see ya later." He gets home a week before Christmas. He has to earn phone calls so hopefully he will be a good boy and call will get to call on Thanksgiving. He gets to go to a families home for Thanksgiving up in Cape May. We find out where we are going around Thanksgiving time. He can receive letters only so I will post his address for anyone to send him letters. It will be weird around the house without Jon. I call him my "happy guy." He is such a calm and happy person. I will definitely miss his presence in our home. I know he will be a good example and a great missionary while he is away. Stayed tuned to see where the Coast Guard takes us!!

-Jay and Kylie

3 comments:

melimba said...

good for you to post each week... I think that is a great plan!

CRaZy that he is gone already!

I agree, hopefully he will be a "good boy" and be able to get to call on Thanksgiving! WOW!

Holler if you need anything!!!

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

Wow! You are a strong woman. I know I couldn't have Josh gone for that long and not go insane. You guys will be in our prayers!

Tiffany said...

This sounds like a great adventure for all of you!!! I know wherever ya'll end up, you'll be great!!! I think your blog needs more pictures of your BEAUTIFUL daughter :-D