Monday, November 16, 2009

Letter from Jon!!

I know my posts aren't very entertaining but I post as more of a reverence for myself than anything. Last Tuesday, November 10th, I was having a bad day. I hadn't heard anything from Jon in two weeks. I received a generic package the week before that contained his address and a welcome letter from the USCG. But it wasn't from Jon himself. I was lying on the floor playing with Kylie when my phone rang. I saw the number and didn't recognize the area code. I almost didn't get it until I thought for a millisecond it might be Jon. I answered and started crying right away when he said hello! I was missing him so much! I needed that phone call more than anything that day. I wasn't prepared, however, for the reason he was calling. He told me he might be coming home - hip, hip, hooray -wait, no that's not good, why might he come home? His fingers and his toes were going numb so he wasn't able to perform all of the tasks they were doing. He didn't know for sure but he told me he would call back Thursday to tell me if he was coming home. He said it was for sure that he was coming home. For confidential purposes, I will not disclose why he is coming home. I got a letter from him last week and have read it everyday. I feel like it's my only way to talk to him. He was having a blast and loving it up there. He missed us a lot but was still enjoying himself. I will write later but that's all for now.
Love,
Jay and Kylie

2 comments:

Bush Crew said...

We are thinking about ya'll... LOVE YA

melimba said...

good luck with everything!