Monday, February 21, 2011

Let the good times roll...

I ran my best marathon time ever!! 3:41.25 I missed qualifying for the Boston Marathon by 26 seconds. I needed to get 3:40.59 and under. There's always next time. Kylie has been full of it lately. She loves to dance to music...especially Katy Perry's Firework. She heard it on the Victoria Secret Fashion show at my sister's house and has LOVED it ever since. She loves to get her pretty shoes, or any high heels and pretty dress and dance to "pikerwork." My Mom, Mandy and Jordan were playing soccer at the park with Kylie when she randomly went up to Jordan and told him, "You sweaty. Need to take shower." When I'm at work and just taught a class, she tells me the same thing. She is always asking "Where daddy? Daddy teacher? At work." She answers her question with a question and then an answer. She's a smart little girl. She speaks Portuguese with Jon. It's neat to hear them speak to each other. I can understand what they are saying but not say much back. She counted to 12 all by herself a couple of months ago. She watched an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse where they counted a dozen muffins. I guess that's where she learned it. It's nothing big but makes me realize she is really a sponge and pays attention to things. She's quite responsible for a 2 year old. She almost always puts her toys away with out being asked before she gets out another thing, she'll put her shoes on and say "Ready Mommy?"while she waits for me by the door, she can feed herself and stay pretty clean (she always likes to have a napkin), colors quietly by herself and doesn't color the wall or table...anymore, picks out her own outfits to wear and matches pretty good (what can I say, she's 2), and she likes to take a bath, brush her teeth and do many other things by herself. As Kylie says, "I do, myself." What a stubborn child I have. She's really sweet and a stinker all at the same time. She has curly blonde hair, blue eyes and little round nose. She likes to go running with Jon and I and actually run. We went on Saturday and she loved it! She's pretty quick. Maybe she'll be a little athlete! She's tall! She's over the 100% for her age and in the 80% for weight. She's about 35 lbs. After she takes a bath, she says, "Baby, Daddy?" She loves for me to wrap her in a towel and carry her to Jon, like a baby, so he can give her hugs and kisses. She really likes her new Strawberry soap. She was on an anti-bath streak so we decided to get her some new soap. She doesn't like sleeping in her room. She's had a few bad dreams where she says, "Santa scares me." She is actually horrified with Santa Claus and now clowns. She went to her friend Jack's birthday party at Mini Town and saw a clown in the hallway and broke down sobbing and huffing. She was so scared. I felt so bad for her. Now we know not to invite a clown to her next birthday party. Kylie loves to read books. We recently read "Where the Wild Things Are" and she loved it. She goes through phases of having a favorite book and wants me to read it over and over and often times asks, "Read it silly." I like to read her stories in different accents. My favorite is the Spanish accent, like Buzz in Toy Story 3. This is by far her favorite movie. She could watch that thing all day if we let her. For about a month, every night she wanted to read 5 books in the "If you give a mouse a cookie series." We read each one every night. Oh, good times! I know this post is long but thanks for reading! We love and miss all of you!!

1 comment:

mellabie said...

Thanks for the update. We love hearing how ya'll are doing. Keep up the great running and you will qualify soon!