Monday, April 19, 2010

Fiesta San Antonio Missions 10K


Part of living in San Antonio is celebrating Fiesta!! Fiesta San Antonio started in 1891 as a one-parade event and has turned into one of the nation’s premier festivals with more than 100 events. Fiesta is “The Party with a Purpose.” Each event is produced by a nonprofit organization chosen by the Fiesta San Antonio Commission. The funds they raise provide services to San Antonio citizens throughout the year. I chose to participate in Fiesta by running the Missions 10K. The procedes for this event funded the SARR scholorship fund. It was a really great race. The course was along the San Antonio River. It was PORING rain so we really saw the river flowing! I haven't run a cross-country type race in the rain before so it was fun. I ended up doing really well. I won my age group (25-29) and received a sombraro and a medal in honor of my fiesta victory. I love to run and am so happy I have stayed healthy and been able to do well in my past few races. Go Fiesta!!

2 comments:

melimba said...

we were wondering if you guys were still doing the race with the mega rain! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I'm loving you in a sombrero and medal! :)
good work, girl!

Karen "C" said...

Congratulations on another successful race! Oh how I wish we could be there for Fiesta! We will see you in June. Love, Gram